- 1 approximately 8 inch by 12 inch piece of Puff Pastry, store-bought or homemade (recipe at coldgarden.com)
- fresh fruit, about 1/4 -1/2 cup sliced for each tartlet
- jam, if desired, about 1 Tbs. per tartlet
- sugar, the amount depends upon how tart the fruit is – for rhubarb, you will need about 3/4 cup for 6 tartlets, plus a little extra for sprinkling
- grated rind of 1 orange or lemon, if desired
- flour, about 1 Tbs. for 6 tartlets, though if the fruit is very wet, you may need to use a little more
Preheat the oven to 375 ℉ and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
If necessary, roll the puff pastry out to about 1/8 inch thick and then trim it to about 8 inches by 12 inches. Cut the dough into 6 even squares. (Any excess dough can be sprinkled with sugar, cut into stick shapes, twisted and baked along with the tartlets for delicious cookies).
If desired, spread a spoonful of jam in the center of each square. Toss the sliced fruit with the sugar, grated rind and flour, then arrange on top of the jam. Sprinkle a little extra sugar over the top of the tart if you like.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, turning once so the tarts cook evenly. They are done when the edges have puffed up and turned golden and the bottom of the pastry is browned.
Makes 6 tartlets.