- 3 small beets, roasted or microwaved till tender, then peeled and grated, about 1 cup
- 2 small cloves garlic, peeled and minced or grated
- juice from 1 small lemon, about 2 tablespoons
- the leaves from 1 small bunch flat parsley, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup yogurt that has been drained or Greek style yogurt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and stir just till mixed. Taste and adjust seasonings if desired. Serve immediately with pita bread.
Makes about 1 cup.